What is TCA Peel?
TCA peel is a chemical procedure that exfoliates the skin. There is a range of exfoliation depth, and it varies from superficial to medium to deep, where superficial peels work only on the top layer of skin and deep and medium and deep peels penetrate the upper to mid dermis. The strength of TCA peel can be determined with your esthetician depending on the condition of your skin. When applied to the skin, TCA peel exfoliates over the course of several days after the treatment, making way for a smoother and younger new layer of skin.
Benefits of TCA Peel?
- Improvement in skin texture, evening of skin tone
- Refinement of blackheads, sun damaged skin, spotting
- Helps work through fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin tightening
Who Is the Perfect Candidate for TCA Peel?
It is perfect for those with mild skin imperfections looking to enhance the general skin appearance. If you would like to improve the appearance of scars, pigmentation, marks related to acne – TCA peel is for you!
What Can I Expect After TCA Peel?
The results will start to appear approximately a week after the treatment, which with proper care of skin will continue to improve over the next few weeks.
What Type of Home Care Should I Use After TCA Peel?
The skin is likely to peel 5-10 days after the treatment.
- Prior discontinuation of retinol/retinoid
- Avoiding sun exposure while the skin heals
- Broad-spectrum high-level SPF and reapplication every 2 hours
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Accutane | Isotretinoin: current use or use within the last 6 months
- Facial injections, threads, and Botox | disport within 2 weeks
- Prolonged sun exposure for the last 2 weeks
Consultation is always conducted before any chemical peel at our clinic.